850 Fork-Lift Truck was released 1977, and contained 210 pieces. It came with 5 other sets that composed the first wave of LEGO Technic sets. Although for the next 20 years Technic vehicles were built with basic Technic bricks, the year 1998 saw a switch from Technic bricks to Technic Liftarms and Panels; the style with which this little set was built would no longer be produced again. Still, the Fork-Lift Truck helped pioneer features (such as gears and steering) that would remain in Technic sets for many years to come.
Tag Archives: yellow
MOC: Castle Joust
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the establishment of his esteemed castle, the King of the Purple Crown has called for a joust and celebration!
His best knight, and three of the greatest knights from afar, have come hither to recreate the celebrated jousts from days of yore. Each one accompanied by their own trusty squire. Who will win this time? You decide!
- The castle comes in at just around 1000 pieces, perfect for a $100 set (And could easily be knocked down a notch or two)
- Features 4 knights, 4 squires, a guard, and an archer, each with alternate faces and alternate armor and weapons for the knights (and don’t forget the horses, too!)
- Raise and lower the castle drawbridge using the winch on the side of the battlements! (String for the drawbridge not shown)
- Modeled lovingly after castles of antiquity, but using modern construction materials!
- The inside of the castle features a path, a well, weapon and armor racks, and a tilt barrier for the joust!
- Click here for a gif animation of the castle (WARNING: Large file)
Want to see this creation as a LEGO Set? It is currently up for voting on LEGO Ideas! Be one of the 10,000 pioneers and vote for free here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/140622/
MOC by BrickBelt
MOC: NerdStick Stylus
Introducing: the NerdStick, the brick-built stylus in the NerdTech Series! It is designated with the ‘Nerd’ prefix rather than the standard ‘Brick’ prefix, as it is meant to accompany any of Brickster_Tim’s touch screen smart devices, such as the BrickPhone, BrickTab, and BrickWatch! Continue reading
MOC: Jurassic Park SUV
“Introducing the Jurassic Park SUV. This SUV appears in the movie Jurassic Park. In the movie, the SUV gets crushed by a dinosaur. This vehicle sports a yellow, green, and dark red paint scheme. It has a full brush guard in the front and rear light covers. The roof has the original bubble top and three spotlights. The inside has four seats and room in the rear for storage.” Continue reading