When The LEGO Group patented the LEGO Minifigure in 1978, the friendly little LEGO people came in dozens of brand new products, in three themes: Town, Space, and Castle. The third of those three was led by this set: 375 Castle. The classic yellow brick-sterpiece marked the dawn of one of the largest themes ever produced by LEGO. Composed of 767 pieces, this set had 14 minifigures hailing from 4 different factions all arriving just in time for the joust that was sure to take place, with their brick-built horses, lances, and shields, and being clad in helments and bright, colorful breastplates.
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the establishment of his esteemed castle, the King of the Purple Crown has called for a joust and celebration!
His best knight, and three of the greatest knights from afar, have come hither to recreate the celebrated jousts from days of yore. Each one accompanied by their own trusty squire. Who will win this time? You decide!
- The castle comes in at just around 1000 pieces, perfect for a $100 set (And could easily be knocked down a notch or two)
- Features 4 knights, 4 squires, a guard, and an archer, each with alternate faces and alternate armor and weapons for the knights (and don’t forget the horses, too!)
- Raise and lower the castle drawbridge using the winch on the side of the battlements! (String for the drawbridge not shown)
- Modeled lovingly after castles of antiquity, but using modern construction materials!
- The inside of the castle features a path, a well, weapon and armor racks, and a tilt barrier for the joust!
- Click here for a gif animation of the castle (WARNING: Large file)
Want to see this creation as a LEGO Set? It is currently up for voting on LEGO Ideas! Be one of the 10,000 pioneers and vote for free here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/140622/
MOC by BrickBelt
This is the ultimate Chima fortress: the Ancient Chima Stronghold! With eight minifigures, Eagle and Raven Scout Flyers, Wolf and Croc Bikes, and Gorilla Tank, this octagonal mountain fortress features underground protected Chi cache with vehicle garage, opening Chi-powered portcullis, working elevator, firing turrets, weapons rack, and more! Continue reading
“Sorahk was a custom Bionicle I created for a Glatorian Series contest back in 2008. It combines parts from multiple Bionicle series: the Matoran blue body part, the Phantoka torso, the Skrall shield and Thorax launcher from the Glatorian series, the blue and orange Bohrok eye pieces (and blue Bohrok weapon), the Toa Inika Hahli arms and legs, and the Toa Mahri Nuparu shield with a Toa Mahri Matoro mask.” – Brickster_Tim
MOC by Brickster_Tim